OPEN CALL GBG Mime Fest 2019
This year we will present the 3rd edition of GBG Mime Fest at various stages in Gothenburg, Sweden.
GBG Mime Fest is a festival that offers high-quality live performances within the expression of mime along with workshops, master classes and academic lectures within theatre and mime. The festival aims to push the boundaries of what mime is and can be in the 21st century by inviting both established and emerging artists to share their work with a wider audience. In addition to stage performances the festival presents installations, alternative performance settings for shorter pieces and music acts.
We are looking for performances rooted in the theatrical expression of Mime and welcome applications from individuals and companies alike. The festival presents performances for all ages and offers a program encompassing all the various traditions of mime from around the world. When: 14-17 November 2019
Where: Various stages in Gothenburg
Deadline for application: June 30th 2019
There are three (3) categories for which you can apply:
- Stage performances
- Alternative performance settings/ Installations/ Site-Specific Performance/ Music Acts
- Workshop/Master class
– Artists/Companies must have a vocational training in mime, physical theatre, movement and/or theatre. In cases which this is not applicable the artist/company must have at least 3 years professional working experience within the theatre
– The call is open to artists worldwide
– Performances must exhibit a high artistic quality
– Performances must show a distinct signature in their work with regards to expression, execution, style and theme(s)
The festival provides:
– Fee for performance (upon agreement)
– Fee for workshop/master class (upon agreement)
– TraveI costs from abroad (depending on the costs selected artists/companies are encouraged to apply for travel grants from their respective countries)
– Accommodation in Gothenburg
– Rehearsals and technical set-up on the day of the performance
– 1-2 performances within the dates of the festival.
– Promotion and technical coverage of the performanceTo apply for performance please send us the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark the subject line with ‘STAGE PERFORMANCE/NAME OF ARTIST OR COMPANY’ or ‘ALTERNATIVE PERFORMANCE/NAME OF ARTIST OR COMPANY’
Compile ONE PDF form that includes:
- Description of the project (2 A4 maximum)
- Short CV of the artists involved.
- Press reviews
- Link to FULL RECORDING of the performance (trailers will not be accepted)
- Three (3) high resolution photos of the performance
- Audience (children/young adults/adult/family etc)
- General technical riders which include: minimal space requirement, time for setup and dismantling, duration of performance, technical requirement to be provided by the festival, technical requirements provided by artist, light plan, stage plan (if applicable), any other relevant information.
- Please note that if you want to give a workshop/master class in conjunction with your performance please send the info below together with your application!
To apply for workshop/master class please send us the following documents to email@example.com. Mark the subject line with ‘WORKSHOP_MASTERCLASS/NAME OF ARTIST OR COMPANY’
Compile ONE PDF form that includes:
- Description of workshop/master class (1 A4 maximum)
- Short CV of workshop/master class leader(s)
All applicants, selected or not, will receive notification from GBG Mime Fest by August 15th 2019 the latest.
You can send the application in English OR in Swedish.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info about us please visit www.gbgmimefest.se
We are looking forward to getting to know you and your work!