GBG Mime Fest 2020
This year we will present the 4th edition of GBG Mime Fest at various stages in Gothenburg, Sweden.
GBG Mime Fest is a festival that offers high-quality live performances within the expression of mime along with workshops, master classes and academic lectures within theatre and mime. The festival aims to push the boundaries of what mime is and can be in the 21st century by inviting both established and emerging artists to share their work with a wider audience. In addition to stage performances the festival presents installations and alternative performance settings for shorter pieces.
We are looking for performances rooted in the theatrical expression of mime and welcome applications from individuals and companies alike. The festival presents performances for all ages and offers a program encompassing all the various traditions of mime from around the world.
When: 24-27 October 2020
Where: Various stages in Gothenburg
Deadline for application: May 24th 2020
There are two (2) categories for which you can apply:
1. Stage performances
2.Alternative performance settings/ Installations/ Site-Specific Performance
– Artists/Companies must have a vocational training in mime, physical theatre, movement and/or theatre. In cases which this is not applicable the artist/company must have at least 3 years professional working experience within the theatre
– The call is open to artists worldwide
– Performances must exhibit a high artistic quality
– Performances must show a distinct signature in their work with regards to expression, execution, style and theme(s)
The festival provides:
– Fee for performance (upon agreement)
– TraveI costs from abroad (selected artists/companies are encouraged to apply for travel grants from their respective countries)
– Accommodation in Gothenburg
– Rehearsals and technical set-up on the day of the performance
– 1-2 performances within the dates of the festival.
– Promotion and technical coverage of the performance
To apply please send us the following documents to email@example.com
Mark the subject line with ‘STAGE PERFORMANCE/NAME OF ARTIST OR COMPANY’ or ‘ALTERNATIVE PERFORMANCE/NAME OF ARTIST OR COMPANY’
Compile ONE PDF form that includes:
1.Description of the project
Max. 300 words about the performance
Max. 400 words about the company
2.Short CV’s of the artists involved.
4.Link to FULL RECORDING of the performance (trailers will not be accepted) through youtube or vimeo–we will not accept files on Google Drive or WeTransfer etc. Please provide the password if needed.
5.Target audience (children/young adults/adult/family etc)
6.General technical riders which must include: minimal space requirement, time for setup and dismantling, duration of performance, technical requirement to be provided by the festival, technical requirements provided by artist, light plan, stage plan (if applicable), any other relevant information.
In addition please send three (3) high resolution photos of the performance with photo credits as JPG/JPEG files attached in the email.
All applicants, selected or not, will receive notification from GBG Mime Fest by August 1st 2020 the latest.
You can send the application in English OR in Swedish.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info about us please visit www.gbgmimefest.se
We are looking forward to getting to know you and your work!